Alcon Intraocular Lens Brands
When intraocular lenses were introduced in 1949, they were made of a hard plastic material called PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate). Surgeons had to use a large incision to implant these lenses because they were not flexible. In the 1980s, Alcon began developing an intraocular lens that could be implanted through a small incision. Historically, small-incision implantation depended upon foldable lenses made from silicone. This material was originally invented for purposes other than implantation in the eye; therefore, it did not possess exactly the right qualities for use as an intraocular lens. These lenses were thick and demonstrated spring-like behavior that could prove disastrous during surgery. In 1994, Alcon® Surgical introduced the ACRYSOF® Acrylic Foldable IOL.
Vantage Outsourcing is an intraocular lens supplier of Alcon. Among the Alcon intraocular lens brands that Vantage stocks are:
- ACRYSOF® IQ IOL (SN60WF)
- ACRYSOF® Multipiece – Expand® Series IOL (MN60MA, MA60MA)
- ACRYSOF® Multipiece – Natural IOL (MN60AC)
- ACRYSOF® Multipiece – Posterior Convex IOL (MA60BM, MA50BM)
- ACRYSOF® Multipiece IOL (MA30AC, MA60AC, MA30BA)
- ACRYSOF® Single Piece – Natural IOL (SN60AT, SN60WS With ACRYSERT® Delivery System)
- ACRYSOF® Single Piece IOL (SA30AT, SA60AT)
- ACRYSOF® ReSTOR Aspheric IOL (SN6AD1, SN6AD3)
- ACRYSOF® ReSTOR IOL (SN60D3, SA60D3, MN60D3)
- ACRYSOF® Toric Aspheric IOL (SN6AT3, SN6AT4, SN6AT5)
Contact Vantage Outsourcing today for more information about our supply of intraocular lens brands.